Let me help you practice and improve your calligraphy.
Welcome to calligraphy practice club! An hour's class to practice calligraphy together.
This is for you if...
- You’ve started your calligraphy journey – maybe with one of my kits or classes, or following a class with another calligrapher
- You’ve practiced a little, but you could with having some questions answered, and a gentle push to get going again
- You always intend to practice your calligraphy but, well, after another day in lockdown… Netflix is, understandably, more tempting
*** If you've not done any calligraphy yet but want to make a start, that's amazing! You'll need to join one of my beginners classes before coming to practice club ***
During this class, I’ll take you through a few warm up drills to get your hand back in the game, and then we will focus on improving your technique, whichever stage you’re at.
We can work on:
- Your letter formation
- Connecting letters together
- Figuring out your letter proportions or sizing
- Developing your own style
- Adding flourishes to your calligraphy
- How to approach specific projects - like creating some calligraphy pieces for your home
Really - the options are endless and I'll be on hand to offer top tips, hacks and ideas that I've learnt in over five years of calligraphy practice. The class size will be limited to 12 so that I can give everyone individual attention and the structure will be fairly loose, to allow each of you to get as much as you can out of the time – and let us chat and catch up too (if you want! No pressure to chat!)
Practice club will be as much a chance to quiz me about calligraphy and improve your skills as it will be a creative break from your brain – an escape from the news, a reason to switch off and some time for yourself.
Choose the date and time that you prefer from the drop down menu above.
PLUS! Book three practice sessions at once for the price of two using the code ILOVECALLIGRAPHY at checkout.
The Zoom class details will be sent out in advance of the class. You can also download my free line guide here - we will talk about this in the class!
*There’s no kit included with practice club – if you’ve done a class with me before, you’ll have your own. You can stock up on nibs, ink and practice paper from the shop if you need more supplies! If you need a starter kit, you can find my kit here, with everything you need.