Wednesday 10 March 2021, 6.30-8.30pm
Learn to make a start with watercolour painting with me in this online creative class. By the end of the class you’ll have been introduced to key watercolour techniques and be on your way to making your own paintings. After some demonstrations from me and some exercises together, we will make a full painting together.
This is a beginner’s workshop, so there’s no need to have any watercolour experience – though you will need to get your hands on some key pieces of kit, if you don't have it already (see below)
This is the perfect treat for yourself - or could also work as a lovely present for the creative lover / curious bean / new skill seeker in your life!
If you are giving this as a gift please leave a note at checkout and I will email you a cute print-at-home voucher that you can us to gift the class if you wish! Please also leave the the name + email address of the recipient so that I can contact them (or be prepared to forward on yourself)
- Two hours of my tuition, guiding you through the basics of beginning to paint with watercolour. We will look at different painting techniques, a range of brushstrokes, some colour mixing, layering and blending, before creating our own watercolour paintings of some seasonal flowers.
- A PDF class booklet – ideally printed, or used via a screen during the class on a laptop. The PDF will be sent by email in plenty of time before the start of the class - and can be used for guidance in the future too!
- A set of watercolour paints. If you don’t have a set already, I’d recommend Winsor & Newton Sketcher’s Pocket Box – of 12 pans. This is a great place to start!
- A selection of synthetic paintbrushes – ideally in a range of sizes, with a round tip. I’d recommend a size 2 and a size 4.
- Some cold pressed watercolour paper – whichever size you can get your hands on. I favour Daler Rowney paper but feel free to find whichever paper fits your budget best
- A jar of clean water (or two!)
- Something to use as a palette – a white ceramic plate would be perfect
- A few sheets of kitchen roll
- A pencil
During the first half of the class we will look at the starting points of painting with watercolour, through a series of demonstrations and exercises. In the second half, we’ll use what we’ve learnt to put into a painting together.
The class will be hosted via Zoom and you will receive an invitation to the class in advance, by email. You’ll need to have access to Zoom on a laptop, iPad or your phone. I’d recommend the bigger the screen the better so you can see me well!
* I love the idea of more than one person from the same home taking this class together - but I do ask that you purchase the correct number of tickets (one per person) - to ensure I can give everyone individual attention *
I can't wait to see what we create together!