Meet print No.2 in the animal alphabet collection! This design will combine the initials of your choice with a collection of creatures that begin with each letter.
Each letter will be paired with two different animals, just casually passing by or standing on the letters. My intention is that the beady eyes of the animals catch your eye, and that their cheeky expressions make you smile whenever you see them. There’s plenty to notice!
As with the other prints in the collection, these prints would score you mega points as a gift for a new baby, or would be the perfect touch for a child’s bedroom. The prints are fine-art quality, on super lovely paper, and should last a lifetime – so they are designed to grow with kids, in the hope that they’ll be treasured for many years.
Having said that, these are absolutely not just for children - I hope they’ll find homes with animal lovers of all ages.
How does it work?
This print will take your chosen initials and transform it into a hand-painted print for your wall. Each letter will be paired with a beautiful (and sometimes a little unusual) animal character beginning with the same letter. An octopus for an o… and so on.
1. Choose the size you'd like - A4 or A3
2. Pick a colour for your letters - green, yellow, blue, navy or pink - have a flick through the images to see the options!
3. Type in the initials you'd like including in the box - max 5 characters*
4. Choose whether or not to include full stops between the letters
5. Choose whether you'd like to finish the print with personalised calligraphy (see more below!)
6. Add the print to your basket
7. If you'd like to send direct (see below), add a card or gift wrap to your order, and include a message on the basket page
8. Check out - and I'll do the rest!
There is a lead time of maximum 10 days, from date of order to date of dispatch. If you are in a hurry, please get in touch.
*If you have more than five characters then please choose a name print - and just include a message at checkout to say you'd like initials.
- Initials will all be in capital letters
- Prints will be landscape oriented
- If you have initials with repeating letters, don’t worry – I have more than one option of animal for each letter up my sleeve, so there won’t be any doubles
- There will be two animals for each letter - I will choose the animals to fit each letter, and make sure that the overall composition of the print is balanced, but if you'd like a specific animal that you know I’ve painted, please leave a note (you can do this when you click on basket) and I’ll do my best to include it. The animals included in the images are just a suggestion - these aren't final
- You can see a full list of what's available here.
It is important to note that all screens are different so colours may vary slightly depending on how you are viewing the images. I promise the prints will be full of colour!
The portrait orientation also allows space to have the print hand-finished with calligraphy, for an extra level of personalisation. I can add a full name, or a full name and date of birth in calligraphy, as you’ll see in the options above. Please, please make sure that your spelling is correct and you give me the correct date as I’d hate to get it wrong and I can’t be responsible for any typos. Please also choose the date format you prefer. If you don’t need calligraphy, just leave the option blank.
Added extras / send direct
You are welcome to take advantage of my send direct service for these prints.
Prints are beautifully wrapped in tissue paper as standard - absolutely carefully enough to be send directly as gifts, if you ask me!
You can upgrade your gift-giving by adding gift wrap, meaning the tissue wrapped print will be wrapped in the gift wrap of your choice, and finished with a matching tag that has room for a short message (five words or so.)
If you'd like to write a longer message, or add an extra, just choose a card (I'd recommend this congratulations card, this hip hip hooray option, or this for a brand new baby). Simply add a card to your basket and leave a note at checkout, and I'll hand-write your message to the recipients, and send it straight off with the print.
- Name prints are all portrait orientated
- Maximum 12 characters
- Fine art print on museum grade 285GSM paper
- Prints are unframed
- A4 prints measure 210x297mm
- A3 prints measure 297x420mm
- Prints are sold unframed: I always recommend using a professional framer but the sizes are also designed to fit frames available on the high-street
- Prints will be carefully board backed and wrapped in acid-free tissue paper and sent in a board-backed envelope
- All created from hand-painted illustrations by Polly
- There are two other designs in the Animal Alphabet collection – the single letter print, and the personalised initial print, if you’d like to compare!
Please let me know if you have any questions, or do email me if you need some help!
All images copyright Polly Crossman 2021. All rights reserved.